Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Eternity

http://ddflowers.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/life-after-death.jpg

Transformation is one thing, eternity is another. As I watch someone I love battle cancer and face the face of death I can't help but be reminded of the things that were with me when I started this journey of being an artist. Its funny how the deeper we delve into something the more we discover the things we always knew, as if somehow they have become obscured by layers of complexity. Its always a process of peeling back, going back to basics, going back to the things that arrived once upon a time to inspire the action in the first place.

For me my art is about mortality yes, but about death no. Its is absolutely not about the end but about those things that carry on, those things that live on that transcend the human body. Death is the transformation from one state to another, when we leave our physical bodies we exist in our energetic form. When we enter our physical bodies we assume a different form but that is only for a short time. It is these things that I have always been concerned to represent, to remind others that we are energetic beings capable of amazing things and that we are fundamentally connected on this level.

Transformation of course is part of this and this has helped clarify for me what this concept of transformation is about for me - its not about one form becoming another form but about the disappearance of form altogether and the return to an energetic state of being.

How I will pursue this I am not sure right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.