Monday, November 8, 2010

Whats Happening?

OK well I have been out of blog action for a while but not really out of creative action despite having about 2 weeks off from everything creative, really not something I wanted to do but have found it hard to get back going again after a really big period of creative output.

Things on the go are meeting with a director for a stage production with potential to do backgrounds for a show being performed next year the Judith Wright centre. Also have 2 works which I want to create but they will be medium term goal as they will take a bit to pull together and need lots of props, people and helpers....I have the ideas, 2 scenes, but first of all need to build the scenes, ship it to Brisbane, shoot it with a video camera in a studio set up with a camera person and some crew to help set up and pull down. I am thinking the actual entire process from the birth of the idea through to the eventuation might be a really interesting piece of documentary in itself - the making of - but if not I should document it anyway as part of my commitment to 'watching the idea'.

So that is one wheel i need to put in motion, otherwise I am going to keep going on a series of small paintings I was working on before i had a bit of a creative meltdown 2 weeks ago. What happened? Well I thought I was feeling well enough to tackle a big canvas so I stretched it and had big hopes for it and was basically trying to make a big version of one of these smaller works below and it came out nothing like it so i painted over it with something else and then got really pissed off and angry and never really recovered from it for nearly 2 weeks. I guess I still need to work in smaller scale at the moment, just bring ideas out, let them manifest in a smaller format and then let them move along at their own pace. I think I will take this approach with the video project I want to do now.

Anyway here are the 3 smaller works that I want to keep pursuing and developing, these are definitely experiments but perhaps growing into something.....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.